Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Catching Up

As usual when this blog goes silent, I've been pushing to finish a book and haven't done much in recent days except sit at the computer and write. Late this afternoon I wrapped up the project, so I plan to take a couple of days off now without any work except maybe some research and plotting for a proposal I want to write next. In fact, I plan to write two pitches before I start work on the next book. I like to keep as many things out to market as I can.

A few days ago I read an excellent historical adventure novel by Tim Champlin called WHITE LIGHTS ROAR. It's set on the Mexican border in 1916 and features a stolen shipment of army rifles, a train that seemingly disappears into thin air, Pancho Villa, Irish revolutionaries, biplanes, and a couple of very likable heroes. What more could you ask for? (Well, a swordfight, maybe, or some quicksand, but no book is perfect.) I've seen Champlin's books around for years and own several of them, but this is the first one I've read. It won't be the last.

No comments: