Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl

This was one of those games where I had no rooting interest whatsoever. I'm not a fan of the Colts or the Bears, but I don't dislike either of the teams enough to root for the other one. So I'm okay with Indy winning. The Colts did seem to be the better team and probably deserved it. The game itself was sloppy but reasonably entertaining. Has there ever been another Super Bowl that was played in a pouring rain the whole time? I don't recall one. A few of the commercials were okay. I liked the Budweiser one with the mud-splattered mutt being mistaken for a Dalmation, and the one with Robert Goulet running amok in an office. I don't remember what that one was for, so I guess it didn't succeed all that well. But I thought it was funny anyway. I'm not a Prince fan, so I didn't pay that much attention during halftime. So, that's my Super Bowl report, for what it's worth.

Someone I know used to think those spotted dogs that ride on fire trucks were called Damnations. Now that's funny.

3 comments:

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

I didn't care which team won either (being a Patriots fan), but it was a fun game to watch.

Unknown said...

I was sort of for the bears, since Lovie Smith is from Big Sandy, Texas. But I was okay with the Colts' win. There's another great commercial with that dog. It's probably not shown in America, though.

Charles Gramlich said...

Because the Mannings are from New Orleans, I was rooting for the Colts. Not often my team wins a super bowl so I'm happy. I've also been a fan of Tony Dungy's for a long time.