Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Birthday

Yesterday was my 54th birthday, and I celebrated by vegetating pretty much all day. The only work I did was some research reading. But what you really want to know about is the swag I got, right? In addition to some clothes and a battery-powered lamp (for when the electricity goes off, as it does several times each year, minimum), I got boxed DVD sets of all three seasons of KUNG FU, a series that has a lot of nostalgia value for me since it was a Really Big Thing while I was in college; the first season of BOSOM BUDDIES, a fine sitcom; and the new collector’s edition of ISLAND IN THE SKY, which is one of the very few John Wayne movies I’ve never seen. Maybe the only one. I mean, I’ve even watched the serials THE THREE MUSKETEERS and THE SHADOW OF THE EAGLE.

Now all I have to do is find the time to watch all that stuff.

8 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Happy Birthday. I remember all of those things well. Especially Bosom Buddies. That Tom Hanks got lost somewhere as he acquired gravitas.

James Reasoner said...

Yes, Hanks could be supremely silly back then. There are some great lines in that show. I'm anxious to see if it holds up as well as I remember it.

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy birthday, James. Keep on writin'

Juri said...

Happy birthday, James!

mybillcrider said...

Happy birthday, James! Some fine swag, and I'm glad you took a day off. You deserved it.

Cap'n Bob said...

Happy Birthday, you young whippersnapper. Enjoy the loot.

Anonymous said...

Also wishing you the happiest of birthdays. Cool stuff you got.

Frank Denton said...

I'm a bit behind so belated Happy Birthday to you. Three seasons of Kung Fu. Good on you. I only have the first, but enjoy it very much. I hope you do, too, and revel in the nostalgia.