Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Bourne Ultimatum

We watched this movie because we'd seen the first two in the series, although as Livia and I discussed, we didn't remember anything about them except a bunch of running around. Luckily, there are several scenes early on in this one that serve as recaps, so I was able to tell what was going on. And although the formula is more of the same -- lots of running, shooting, and fighting in quick-cut editing -- the plot makes sense as far as I could tell and I found it probably the most entertaining of the three. I like Matt Damon and he's well-cast as Bourne. Julia Stiles is adorable as always and actually has a few things to do in this one other than stand around. The ending is quite satisfying, too, and while it actually wraps up the plotline that runs through all three movies, it leaves things open for more sequels. Which I'll probably watch, too, if they ever get made.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I liked the first two but haven't gotten around to seeing this one yet. I will eventually.

Ray said...

Pity they waited until the third film to reveal what everyone knew at the end of book of 'The Bourne Identity'. And when they killed off Bourne's wife in the second movie - well, she's still alive in Ludlum's third book.