Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Two More E-Books

Two more books from our backlist have been released as e-books for both the Kindle and the Nook.  My novel THE WILDERNESS ROAD, originally published by Harper Paperbacks, is a frontier historical set in Kentucky in 1790.  Despite this, the cover of the Harper edition features a cowboy who's a dead ringer for Charles Bronson in ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST carrying a Winchester.  Of course, who am I to argue, since it sold the best of the eight books I wrote for Harper.  It's nice to have it available again, since I always thought it was one of my best books.


Livia's GHOST RIVER is one of several Westerns that originally came out in hardback from M. Evans under the name L.J. Washburn.  That's the only edition until now, and it's also very nice to have it available again.  It's a stand-alone traditional Western, and none other than Len Meares, the author of the iconic Larry and Stretch series under the name Marshall Grover, read it and declared it one of the best Westerns he'd ever read.


Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I highly recommend you check 'em both out.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Happy to see all these options, James. The only problem is my Nook is starting to look like the lair of a James Reasoner Stalker.

Jack Badelaire said...

I'm two-thirds of the way through The Hunted and really enjoying it. I hope to give it a solid review once I'm done. Gonna have to check these out too!