Thursday, September 02, 2004

Puzzles

I had to spend the day at my folks' house, but this time I was able to take the laptop and some of my research books with me and get some work done here and there. I wound up with 18 pages for the day, although I'm not quite sure how. My dad and I also put together a Buffalo Bill Jr. jigsaw puzzle that was still there from when I was a little kid. Copyright date on it was 1956. Boy, talk about life being a big circle. Funny thing is, I have no memory of that TV show. (There's also a Range Rider puzzle over there. I do remember the Range Rider.)

I'm still reading THE CONCRETE BLONDE. Unlike the first two books in the Harry Bosch series, where I had all the major plot twists figured out well ahead of time, I don't have a clue what's going to happen in this one. I'd like to finish it tonight, but I'm afraid I'll probably fall asleep first.

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I love those old puzzles. Do you recall who made it? Whitman? Jay-Mar? I have some with Davy Crockett, Rin-Tin-Tin, Annie Oakley, and so on. Let me know if you ever need a new home for it.

James Reasoner said...

I'm pretty sure it's a Whitman, but I'll try to remember to check the next time I'm over there. I'm surprised I don't remember Buffalo Bill Jr. I watched just about every Western TV show made in the Fifties.