Thursday, June 02, 2005

Pitch Black

A lot of you reading this have probably already seen PITCH BLACK, since it came out at least five years ago. But I'd never seen it, so on my daughter Shayna's recommendation (she's an even bigger science fiction fan than I am), we watched it tonight. I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought it was a very well-made movie. There was a lot of genuine suspense and some surprises along the way. As we were watching it, I made the comment that Vin Diesel is a pretty good actor in the right parts, but later it struck me that that was an unfair assessment. You can say that about almost every actor. Hugh Grant as Riddick just isn't going to work. It's enough to say that Diesel is very good in PITCH BLACK. Shayna liked the sequel even better. I'm thinking we'll probably get around to it soon.

The work is still going well, even better than yesterday, in fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too liked Pitch Black quite a bit - mainly because it gave us an alien planet that was truely alien, not just a piece of Earth in space. The sequel I didn't like much though - too much bad science and too much superhuman Redick.

A.B.L.