Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter

Well, today was the big day for Harry Potter fans, I suppose. Livia and Joanna went to Sam's Club this morning to pick up a copy of the new book, and Joanna is reading it now. They've both read all the other books in the series. I have to admit that I'm not a real fan. I read the first two books and enjoyed them quite a bit. I thought they were very well-plotted and well-written, if a little heavy-handed on the symbolism at times. But somehow, I never got around to reading the other books, and it's entirely possible I never will. Nothing against J.K. Rowling or her books, there are just other things out there I'd rather read.

Page count for today: 22. It felt good to have a more productive day again, but I was worn out by the time I stopped.

No comments: