Saturday, September 23, 2006

Autumn

Since today was the first day of fall, I suppose it's appropriate that a cold front blew through this morning, bringing with it a few thunderstorms, then clearing off this afternoon to leave behind a beautiful day with lots of blue sky, white clouds, and a cool north breeze. It was so nice I went for a couple of walks, bad for my allergies but good for everything else. Most of the day was spent at the computer, though, getting started on the new book. As usual for the first day on a new project, the pages went well and were very enjoyable.

I think I'm going to read something just for fun the next few days. I haven't decided what it's going to be, however. I have a couple of books sitting by my chair ready to go: VENGEANCE RIDER, a Western by Lewis B. Patten, and VALNIR'S BANE, a fantasy novel by Nathan Long. May be time to flip a coin.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Sounds like the perfect weather for the beginning of Autumn. I love this time of year but do feel sorry for people whose experience of it is lessened because of allergies. You think with all this knowledge at our disposal someone would've come up with more effective medication by now.

Charles Gramlich said...

Now that I'm living on the North Shore it is quite a bit cooler in the evenings and I'm really enjoying it. I meantioned in my own blog about how the first cool weather energizes my writing.

Anonymous said...

Living in the San Francisco Bay Area (in area where we have an actual summer with heat) the mornings for the last few months were bright and warm. Then, two or three days ago, the morning aire was suddenly cold and foggy. It's officially Autumn out here.