Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Medical Update

I went to the ophthalmologist today for a check-up and got a clean bill of health on both eyes. The vision in the left one (the one that had the retinal tear during the summer) has improved some, although it may always be a little obstructed and the eye itself is more prone to fatigue. But I've adjusted pretty well, I think. My writing pace is almost back up to where it needs to be. The doctor told me to come back in six months for one more check-up, and if everything still looks all right, I won't have to go back after that unless new problems develop.

Since the kids are older, Halloween isn't what you'd call a big holiday around here anymore. Also, we live out in the country, so we've never had trick-or-treaters. We watched IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN last week (hey, you can't miss the Great Pumpkin -- or at least, I can't, having watched it nearly every year for the past forty years), but that's about the extent of our Halloween celebrations around here.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

We're living out in the country ourselves now, and we got exactly one trick or treater last night. We watched "The Great Pumpkin" as well. I love the scene where Snoopy is shot down behind enemy lines.

Carl V. Anderson said...

I unfortunatley missed watching it this year and I feel that Halloween was the lesser for it.