Monday, June 22, 2009

Return of the Japanese Spammer

The blog got hit with spam comments in Japanese on nine different posts during the night. I've deleted all of them, and if it continues I'll turn on comment moderation again. I'd rather not do that unless I have to, though. I like for people to be able to see their comments right away, and it doesn't take much longer, if any longer, to delete the spam than it does to approve comments. I do hope this isn't the start of a whole new wave of spam, though.

7 comments:

Mark Terry said...

Yes, every day I start my e-mail by rejecting Asian spam. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Win Scott Eckert said...

My blog's getting hit with it too.

James Bojaciuk said...

Has anyone attempted to translate it into English with Bablefish?
Although I'm sure its just Asain meds their hawking.

Charles Gramlich said...

I got hit a while back but it didn't happen but once. I hate the comment moderation myself.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'm afraid to take mine off since I had one that ran for pages. Does anyone have any idea what it says?

Cap'n Bob said...

Remember Pearl Harbor! Remember Pearl Bailey! Remember Pearl the Wonder Dog!

Livia J Washburn said...

What I can't understand is the purpose of this. How many Americans speak Japanese, and how many would go to the trouble to get it translated. Does this really pay off?