Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday's Overlooked TV: Shaky Ground

This sitcom lasted only one season back in the early Nineties and I haven't seen it since then, but I remember it being pretty good. Matt Frewer, still probably best known as the star of the oddball virtual reality series MAX HEADROOM, played a nice guy who worked in the aerospace industry and had the usual sitcom trials and tribulations at home with his wife and three kids. With such a stereotypical set-up, for a show to be good it has to have a distinct voice, and SHAKY GROUND did. Certainly not a great series, but I remember some of the dialogue and scenes after twenty years, so it had to have something going for it. The cast included a young Jennifer Love Hewitt as Frewer's teenage daughter, which seems to be the only reason a number of episodes are available on YouTube.

1 comment:

Todd Mason said...

I like Frewer and Robin Riker (who plays his wife) and I don't know why I completely missed this one, except that I was working too much on Sundays (surprise) in 1992 and probably missed a number of things I wouldn't've minded seeing.